Friday, April 22, 2011

Everything but quilting in Canada





Sorry to all,


I've been up at my house in Canada.
(The photo by the way- is baker street in Nelson, BC...)


I haven't done any quilting...

I did bring my applique project to work on.

But I've been spending my time

with friends,

and just chilaxing.


I did buy a ball of really yummy yarn

at the local shop here.

("That Craft Store")

The brand is NORO,

from Japan.

It's

50% Wool

30% Angora

20% Silk

color no 73 lot A

It is a multi color yarn

with pinks, greys, blues, & greens.

I only bought one skein because of the cost.


I decided it needed to be a hat.

(I'm going to have to start wearing hats)

I'm actually working out my own pattern.

Not the first one I've tried doing,

I have a pair of slippers I need to finish...

I wanted it to be as little bit slouchy,

but I didn't want it too big.

I have gotten about 1/2 way done with it.

I'll put up my pattern and a photo once it is done.

Also...

I have been wanting some new shirts/tops,

and I just cannot find stuff I like that fits me right.


So

I broke down and bought some patterns

and

I'm doing some fashion sewing.

I have that about 1/2 way done as well.

Again,

I'll post photo and pattern information

when that is done as well.


One of the things I do with friends here in Nelson,

is scrap booking.

They get together on the 3rd thursday of each month

and visit,

scrapbook,

share supplies.

Laugh,

catch up,

eat, etc.

I join them whenever I can be here on the right week.

Right now I'm working on my

scrapbook journal from my 2 years living in Italy.


Soooooooooooooooooo

like I said;


No quilting,

but other craft activities going on here in Canada.





No comments:

Post a Comment