Wednesday, March 23, 2011

this and that


Well,
as I'm out on the road again...
I may seem a bit flittery.
(I think I made up that word.)
I just hope it's not too odd.

I'm over in Utah,
and I did stop in at Broadbent's again.
Over in Lehi,
It's right between the place we stay
(Eagle Mountain- br0-in-laws house)
and my husbands place of employment
located in Lehi -over next door to Alpine.
I'll not name his employer
as I don't want to seem like I'm advertising for them.

I brought my travel project,
I'd pictured it before...
it's the applique project
using the pattern "my whimsical quilt garden"
by Becky Goldsmith & Linda Jenkins
I'm pleased to say that I'm a lot further along now.


I had stopped in at Broadbent's to pick up some fabric for the sashing,
and a few fat quarters to use for the applique's.
It's supposed to be scrappy looking.
Meaning that there are different combinations in each of the applique squares.
That was all I bought.
I am trying to not over buy right now.

I have a new photo of the square I'm working on,
and as the applique spills over into the sashing
I have also added the sashing piece to the one side.
(The photo has been added to the text part of the Blog -at the top of the page)
So you can see the fabric I purchased at Broadbent's.


I am laughing now,
I didn't want to mention my husbands employer...
But I've named the quilt shop several times.
They are not paying me.
I promise.

Anyhow,
The bird (which will be blue) is the part that will spill into the border.
Haven't quite gotten to that yet.

Another thing I thought of this week that I wanted to mention.
Is a quilt I made for a Christmas gift.
The one just past (Dec 2010).
I don't know why I'd forgotten to post a photo of it.

Last summer when I gave my grandson a quilt for his 2nd birthday...
My middle son, asked sort of jokingly
Why he never got a quilt from me.
I'd actually set aside some fabrics to make him one.
His favorite colors are red and black...
I'd purchased a few fabrics...
I'd raided my stash for other fabrics.
I had even started it before he'd asked me that question.
Any how,
Some of the fabrics had Canadian motif's on it.
Fabric's I'd purchased up north.
(We have a home in British Columbia as well as Idaho)
I'm afraid that his brothers-and his dad,
were a bit envious of the final product.
I had not intended the quilt to have a Canadian flair.
It just happened.

My husband is Canadian,
he's here with a permanent residency card.
Our kids are all blessed with dual citizenship.
I am an American with a Canadian residency card.

Anyhow,
his quilt has been added to the left hand photo column.
I will try to keep the works in progress within the text,
and the finished projects in the left hand margins.

No comments:

Post a Comment