Monday, February 28, 2011

podcasts and quilting

I haven't gotten much done quilty
while I've been here in Utah.
I brought stuff to work on
I talked about in the last podcast,
but haven't actually gotten to it.
I did finish stitching down the little leaves,
and cut out a brown branch to go with the leaves...
I didn't have brown thread with me.
I thought I'd stop somewhere and pick some up,
but I kept forgetting when I was out and about.
So,
Since I'm going back to Idaho tomorrow,
and I have brown thread at home,
it seems pointless to go and buy it now.

So I thought I talk about podcasts.
I love podcasts,
and I have about 30 that I listen to regularly.
I'll have to get the others down sometime.
But for now,
here are the quilt related podcasts that I follow
with a few comments about some of them.
I have them listed in alphabetical order,
'cause that's how they're listed on my ITunes page.
No other reason at all.

Annie Smith: Quilting Stash
this is actually the first quilt podcast I discovered, she is the one who told me about (in
her podcasts) Broadbent's in Lehi, Utah.

Jackie's Quilting Chronicles
-Jackie Kunkel

The Off Kilter Quilt
-Frances

Pioneer Quilter -Kelley
her husband interupts most podcasts with some odd remarks and trivia, I think it's fun
and makes me feel more like I'm listening to an old friend

Quilt Cababna Corner
Sandi Cowell

Quilted Cupcake
Jean (Gene?)

The Quilter's notebook
I've only been able to download 3 episodes, I don't know if there are any more, I think I
heard about this one from another podcast, but don't know which one it was (sorry.) It's a
great description of how she organizes herself, her home, & quilt stuff. If anyone's
interested in that type of thing.

Quilting For The Rest Of Us
Sandy Hasenauer, who claims she's not an expert. Love it!

Sew-Stitch-Create
Brye Lynn

Stash Resolution
Sarah

Within a Quarter Inch
Allison Rosen

then there's one vidcast I subscribe to
(I think they take up too much space,
and I can't listen to it while I'm doiong other things...
You have to sit and watch a vidcast.
But I have learned so much from this one
that I don't miss an episode.
(I do delete most of them after I've watched
and just kept the one's that have something I really want to try.)

Bonnie's Creative Quilting
Bonnie McCaffrey (SP?)

The reason I like most of them,
is that they sit and chit chat about what they are doing,
and about their families and friends...
about sewing experiences, including mistakes...
I feel like I'm listening to a friend talking to me.

They motivate me want to go and get to work,
so I have something to talk about also
(I choose to blog rather than podcast).
They motivate and challenge me to try new techniques...
to finish things I'd put aside,
to gift handmade things,
and more.
Sooooooooooooo,
that's it for this post.
I'll update on new podcast's as they come along...
I also listen to a few on knitting,
and several LDS podcast's.
but I think that's for another time.

1 comment: